Applications will be accepted beginning December 1, 2012,
for Fall 2013 admission (Class of 2014)
Applying to the CAM Program
To apply for the CAM MS in Physiology, you must submit an on-line Graduate School application form, as well as the following credentials and Supplemental Data.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for initial application processing. During this time queries can be addressed to:
Completed ON-LINE applications and supplemental materials will be accepted beginning on December 1 for the class beginning the same year. Applications must be received no later than June 1. Supplemental information can be received after June 1. Due to the competitive applicant pool and rolling admissions, we recommend early application.
You must complete steps 1-5 below. Please note that step 5, Supplemental Data, requires that you complete EITHER Option A OR Option B, but not both.
- Application fee:CAM applications are only accepted On-line. Fee = $75.00
- Provide official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities you have ever attended, including summer courses.You do not need to upload a self-reported transcript, however an official HARDCOPY (not virtual) transcript must be sent to the address at the bottom of the page (Biomedical Graduate Education Office).
- Official GRE Scores or MCAT scores are accepted
Please request an official copy of your GRE score(s) using Georgetown University's GRE Code R5244.
Please release your MCAT scores to the CAM program. You may do so at any time via MCAT's on-line score release, MCAT Testing History (THx) Reporting System. Please select "send all of my scores" to " Other Schools and Programs". The CAM Program is listed as Georgetown CAM MS Program Department of Physiology & Biophysics. You may include a hardcopy of your THx score report with your supplemental materials to facilitate processing.
- Letters of Recommendation We require a minimum of 3 letters of recommendation, OR you may use your Pre-Health Advisor's composite letter. Your current letters used for medical school are acceptable. At least 2 letters should be from professors-- one of these should be from a science course. Please follow the on-line application instructions for submittinng electronically. If you have a composite or committee letter that can not be submitted electronically, please mail it with your supplemental data.
- Supplemental Data: In addition to the Graduate School application, the following supplemental materials are required to complete your application. Please make sure to identify each page of your Supplemental Materials with your name, U.S. social security number, and the semester to which you are applying (e.g. Fall 2013).You must complete either Option A or Option B (see below).
Option A: Upload a copy of your most recent AMCAS application in the "Supplemental Data" section of the on-line application. Please upload a new personal statement specific to the CAM Program through the on-line application, indicating your interest in the CAM Program and how it fits into your future goals. DO NOT mail a hard copy of your AMCAS.
Option B: If you do not have an AMCAS application, please upload a typed response to the following questions in the "Supplemental Data" section of the on-line application. You may type "see Supplemental Data" in the Academic Awards, Honors, Scholarships, Work Experience and Publications sections of the on-line application if the information is repetitive:
- Contact Information: Please state your current postal address,
telephone number, and E-mail address.
- Undergraduate GPA: Please calculate your cumulative GPA for science courses (biology, chemistry, physics, and math) and your cumulative GPA for all courses taken as an undergraduate. Please list both calculated GPAs.
- Post-Secondary Honors/Awards: Please write a brief summary
of your post secondary honors and awards. List in chronological
- Extra-Curricular & Avocational Activities: Please summarize
your extra-curricular and avocational activities, particularly those
relevant to a graduate career, listed in chronological order.
Include clubs you have belonged to, sports and intramural teams, etc.
- Post-Secondary Volunteer, Part-Time & Full Time Employment:
Please write a brief summary of your post-secondary employment
history, both paid and volunteer, listed in chronological order.
- Parents' Education/Occupation: Please provide your parents'
names, occupations, and their highest level of education.
- Institutional Actions on Academic Record: Please state "None",
or list any actions and explain.
- Personal Statement: Please write a brief 500 word essay (one page maximum), describing yourself, your educational goals and interests, your motivation for the CAM track in Physiology. This statement should be uploaded in the Personal Statement section of the on-line application.
Where should my supplemental documents be sent?
Hard copy documents should be submitted in a single packet, to the extent possible, to avoid processing delays. Please send all hard-copy supplemental documents to the following address:
Office of Biomedical Graduate Education
Attn: M.S. Credentials - CAM
NE303 Medical-Dental Building
3900 Reservoir Road, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20057-1411
IMPORTANT: *DO NOT* send hard copy supporting documents to any other address.
Please send an email to Ms. Cabiness confirming that your application has been submitted: firstname.lastname@example.org