Benefits for Retirees of Georgetown University
Notice: Current participants in retiree medical benefits who received an email regarding the deferral of premium increases should note that this delayed increase applies only to active (non-retired) employees.
- Continuing your medical insurance*;
- voluntary, dental insurance*;
- $5,000 face value of life insurance (the "core" life insurance plan); and
- Tuition benefits for yourself or your dependent children.
All terminating employees, regardless of their age and years of service, are eligible for a distribution of their vested benefits from the Voluntary Contribution Retirement Plan, the Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, and the Georgetown University Retirement Plan ("GURP"), as applicable.
- Reduction from monthly Georgetown University Retirement Plan (GURP) annuity OR
- Reduction from monthly TIAA-CREF annuity.
- If retiree does not receive an annuity from the sources listed above then they will be required to pay by direct debit (available January 2010) or personal check.
- COBRA regulations require us to send you this paperwork
- You may be interested in electing COBRA for your dental insurance (see preceding paragraph).
Questions? Colonial HealthCare, Inc. partners with Georgetown University in administering our Retiree Benefits. You may contact Colonial HealthCare at 1-877-819-9413 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits for general assistance at 202-687-2500.