Benefits for Retirees of Georgetown University
- Continuing your medical insurance*;
- voluntary, dental insurance*;
- $5,000 face value of life insurance (the "core" life insurance plan); and
- Tuition benefits for yourself or your dependent children.
All terminating employees, regardless of their age and years of service, are eligible for a distribution of their vested benefits from the Voluntary Contribution Retirement Plan, the Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, and the Georgetown University Retirement Plan ("GURP"), as applicable.
- Reduction from monthly Georgetown University Retirement Plan (GURP) annuity OR
- Reduction from monthly TIAA-CREF annuity.
- If retiree does not receive an annuity from the sources listed above then they will be required to pay by personal check.
- COBRA regulations require us to send you this paperwork
- You may be interested in electing COBRA for your dental insurance (see preceding paragraph).
Questions? The Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits has a dedicated line for retirees. Please contact us anytime at 202-687-6547, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.